Sunday, December 23, 2007

Web Hosts

For low budget, quality and reliable uptime, I recommend GoDaddy. They hosted our business web site for over a year. I also use them for domain registrations. The cost is unbelievably low and the customer service is very good.

If, however, you choose to develop your website in Ruby on Rails (as I have done), then you will want to pick someone else to host it. I tried to get ours up and running on GoDaddy, but it was an initial offering for them and I had troubles. I went to another, smaller company. This smaller company specializes in ROR hosting and are responsive to email inquiries. Beware: No phone support. This is a major drawback, but thank goodness they answer their emails more than twice daily! :-) The company is Rails Playground.

No comments: