Sunday, December 30, 2007

I'm not alone

Why did the "The 4-Hour Workweek", by Timothy Ferriss capture my attention? Am I a sucker? Maybe! But I'm not alone. I'm happy to report that I'm not alone in this adventure. It is nice to see other people are as intrigued by this book as myself.

The two sites that I'm aware of, and both of their "owners" have commented on this blog, are as follows:

Diary of a Four-Hour-A-Weeker

As far as I know, this is the first person to start blogging their efforts with the 4HWW principles.

The 4-Hour Workweek Journal

This person started his adventure shortly after I started mine. He sounds shockingly similar to myself - 30 something, married with children, software professional, burnt!

I look forward to watching the progress of each of these individuals. Do you know of other people blogging their journey? Let me know so that I can add them.

This begs the question: What is it about this book that is causing people like myself to write about it? Is it the lure of the minimal work week? No, at least not for me. For me, it's the idea/promise/hope of getting my life back. It's the escape from what I currently know and experience. It's a best seller for a reason - and I think that reason is that most people are absolutely sick of their current situation.

I think people identify with the problem. The book does more than just describe the hell that most of us live in. It describes a solution - with plenty of information to get one started on achieving the solution. It is useful. It's powerful enough that people like me are writing about their experience. I know others will join. We should start a club!

I look forward to making new friends - friends that understand my situation. Friends that share an interest in finding a solution. Friends that ultimately want more from life. I wish everyone attempting to reach the 4HWW success! Cheers to success!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out! You can find my blog at http://www.fourhourworkweekdiary.com. I look forward to growing the community!

- Rex

Anonymous said...

You know, it struck me last night that perhaps you, Rex and I might consider coordinating our efforts at some point. A lot of very good blogs have multiple authors. The quality of these blogs is usually much better than the sum of the individuals involved. For now, I think I am happy to work on my own blog - however something to keep in mind!

The Four Hour Trial said...

Brick,

This sounds like an interesting idea - certainly one worth exploring in more depth. I'm open to it - let's see what Rex has to say about it.

-M